According to an article titled Barack Obama’s Favorite Books at abebooks.com, the President’s summer reading list included:
- The Way Home by George Pelecanos (thriller set in Washington D.C.)
- Hot, Flat, and Crowded by Thomas Friedman (environmental nonfiction)
- Lush Life by Richard Price (urban crime novel)
- Plainsong by Kent Haruf (novel set in rural America)
- John Adams by David McCullough (biography)
The article has a lot more information about Barack Obama’s reading habits, including Obama’s own list of favorite writers and books, so be sure to visit the link above to learn more.