Looking for some awesome book recommendations from book-loving chicks? Look no further than these eight great book blogs run by women:
1. The Book Smugglers: Thea and Ana are two “full-blown, unrestrained, junkie-shuffling” book addicts. Their site is a great resource for book reviews. My Favorite Post: Smuggler’s Ponderings: Hype and Prejudice where they provide 6 different lists of books for people who like the following genres: dystopias/apocalypse, young adult science fiction, fantasy, steampunk, fairies and fairy tale retellings, and comtemporary young adult fiction.
2. Book-Blog.com: Debra Hamel is an author herself (history), as well as a book blogger. My Favorite Post: Lynch, Thomas: The Undertaking which features a book by a man who is both a poet and an undertaker.
3. Lit Chick: Melanie is a mom, scrapbooker, baker, and avid reader. Two books from her blog that caught my eye were The Book of Tomorrow (from the post Trish Reviews Three…) about a girl who discovers a journal in her writing that details everything that happens the next day and The Tin Ticket, (from the post Short & Sweet Reviews) a non-fiction book about two women deported to Australia for petty theivery in the 1800s.
4. Anna’s Book Blog: Anna is a small-town girl from Minnesota who likes to read Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, Historical Romance, Fantasy, and Erotica. My Favorite Post: [Review] – Numbers: The Chaos which reviews a book about a boy who can look into a person’s eyes and see the date of their death–many of which seem to be on the same date in the year 2027.
5. Chick Lit Books: Rian Montgomery (who has the same last name as me, so she must be cool) started this site back in 2003. My Favorite Post: Review: Hit Reply is about a book written entirely in emails, texts, and the like.
6. Novelicious: This site is published by 4 book reviewers who are also writers: Kirsty Greenwood, Debs Carr, Kira Slaughter, and Anna Bell. While they have a bounty of detailed book reviews, I think my favorite posts here are their terrific author interviews, including ones with Bernadette Strachan, Shirley Benton, and Sarah Webb.
7. ChickLitReviews.com: Chloe and Leah live in the U.K., and Danielle, the latest contributor to join the team, is a California girl. My Favorite Post: AW Editor Article: Short Stories…Yay or Nay? which discusses the recent surge in short stories being sold, especially in electronic format.
8. Candace’s Book Blog: Candace runs one of the prettiest blogs I’ve seen. She reviews childrens, young adult, and adult books. My Favorite Post: The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell which is a review of a historical fiction paranormal romance book (every genre I like rolled into one!).